Epsilon Research is an independent research and financial analysis bureau specializing in the private company M&A and private equity markets. It is a specialist provider of research, deal analysis and market intelligence on M&A and LBO transactions.
Its key product, EMAT (« Epsilon Multiple Analysis Tool™ »), is a proprietary database of European M&A transaction multiples, that includes detailed deal analysis reports. EMAT has quickly become a reference source in Europe for private company acquisition multiples.
Epsilon has developed an online Platform for the Valuation of Private Companies. It includes data, tools, analysis reports and services that enable customers to establish the market value of private companies:
- EMAT database, to access transaction multiples on private deals
- Ad hoc research reports written for customers on specific sectors / countries, based on EMAT data
- Market studies and indices on the evolution of private company prices (per sector, country, etc.)
- Tailored service for private equity quarterly portfolio valuations
- Financial databases (M&A deals, company accounts), in partnership with Corpfin Worldwide / Experian
- Worldwide Equity risk premium & betas for 18 sectors, in partnership with Fairness Finance
Epsilon was set up in 2007 by Grégoire Buisson, investment banking professional, reinforced by a team of financial analysts Paris and London based.
It has received in 2008 for its EMAT database the label of Finance Innovation, the Paris-based global financial services cluster.
Epsilon benefits from the status of "Jeune Entreprise Innovante", delivered in 2010 by the French Ministry of Research.